From Rob to Jamie, we have all been lucky to get to know these two over the past couple of years.
Even if Rob can't be Fifty, Jamie takes on the roll with style, class, and a seriousness we wanted from any actor taking on our favorite role since Edward Cullen. I am so happy to have gotten to share this journey with you. From this
"Wish I could make this cake for you!"
"Wish I could send Rob over to celebrate with you.!"
"Wish I could give you....a copy of Frozen on DVD! LOL! What'd you think I was going to say?"
Since Lisa has already received the ultimate in gifts this year, Princess Parker, I won't
bother trying to "top" that. So instead my gift is a poem I've written reminding Lisa of 17 "gifts" I've gotten from her. Things I've gotten to experience in a newer and much more meaningful way:
Used To Be I Thought:
1. "Slash" was to cut something with a knife or a violent movie genre. Now, I know better, it's about pretty pretty BOYS.
2. "Topping" was whipped cream and a cherry. Now I know topping is much heavier than that.
3. "Rimming" was putting a tire on some metal. Now I know it's a much
more intimate joining of pretty pretty boys….
4. "Vanilla" was just an ice-cream flavor. Now I know it's Fifty Shades of boring sex.
5. “Priests” were pure and vanilla good. But then I met Soren…Fifty Shades of Not boring sex.
6. “Jasper” was the dude who tried to attack Bella. Then I met Jackson and got to hug somebody who turned into versions of Edward's better half in wonderful slash stories.
7. “A bean” was something you ate. And then I looked up into a shiny one and looked at the reflection of best friends.
8.”New York” was a big scary place with millions of strangers. But it turned out to be a place where warm heated strangers came together and shared defining moments that would bind them forever.
9. The only “Long Distance Calls” I ever got were from telemarketers. Until an Illinois area code lit up on my phone screen and made my face light up even brighter.
10.”Graphic Art” was created to show off talent or make money. And then friends made them to express their love for someone special. I keep the ones I've gotten in a treasure chest for safe keeping and translate the visuals into valued meaning whenever I need to feel understood…
11. “Computers” were just for data and boring communications. And now I know they can reach out to friends for fun and meaningful banter and stories that will never grow old.
12. “Brotherhood” the mob family. Instead I found it could also be a family of men who bond in oh such a feral and way in an empire of primal men and with loyal magical members.
13. “Reading a Book” required your eyes. And now I know your ears can bring words
to life in a most enjoyable way.
14. “Watching Reality TV” was a passive way to spend the night. And now I know watching them bring you Idols and Voices who sometimes 'slash' kiss... and valued opinions discussed among friends.
15.”Hotel Rooms” were for husbands or lovers to share a bed. And then I laid back on comfy hotel beds, PJ’s and all and whispered night time thoughts and secrets with, not a husband or lover but better still, forever friends.
16. Birthdays” made you one year older. Now I know birthdays are for virtual parties given to you by girls who remind you, you'll never grow old.
And….Used to be I thought...
17.Only Twilight Edward got to be 17 forever. Now I know, like our Lisa, we can all stay young by surrounding ourselves with whatever ignites our passion to do so.
So there you have it. I can't do much with graphic art but I can create with my humble words.
Celebrate your special day my friend, and enjoy the precious gift you got this year, Time...to now spend with those that really matter.
Love is love…