- Bella wakes up from her nightmare. She's disturbed that she had such a dream the night before her wedding, and tries to shake it off.
- Alice takes Bella to the Cullen house to get her ready for the wedding. Bella still doesn't know where Edward is taking her on their honeymoon. Alice lets it slip that Bella will be on a plane, and she already packed her clothes for her. Knowing Alice's "risqué" taste, Bella takes the favor with a grain of salt. She refrains from looking into the mirror, because she believes she's going to look plain next to Edward.
- During the beautification process, Renée and Charlie come to see Bella. They hand her a small, white box with her Grandma Swan's silver hair combs inside. Bella thanks them, very touched.
- When Bella first sees Edward waiting for her at the altar, she has to control herself to not bolt into his arms:
All I really saw was Edward's face… he broke into a breathtaking smile of exultation… Suddenly, it was only the pressure of Charlie's hand on mine that kept me from sprinting headlong down the aisle. (3.115-116).
- Edward and Bella say their vows. At their request, the priest concludes with the line "as long as they both shall live." After they say, "I do," and kiss as husband and wife, their family and friends surround them to congratulate them.
- As the wedding festivities proceed in full swing, Bella and Edward dance together in the garden of the Cullen residence. Edward notices a figure standing off in the dark of the surrounding forest. It's Jacob.
- Bella and Jacob reunite. They dance together. Jacob tries his best to keep the conversation cheerful. He teases her about her honeymoon, because he believes that she can't have a "real" honeymoon since Edward is a vampire. When Bella responds that she fully intends to have a "real" honeymoon, Jacob loses his temper and grabs her roughly.
- Edward steps in, supported by Sam, Quil (in wolf form), and Seth (in human form).
- Edward and Bella return to the party. Jacob's reaction causes Edward to second-guess his agreement to try to make love to Bella, but Bella tells him to stop worrying: "You and me. That's the only thing that matters" (4.228).
- When it's time to go, Alice, Esme, and Renée help Bella change out of her wedding dress. Bella uses this moment to say good-bye to her mother. On the way out, she also bids farewell to Charlie:
My father and mother could not be allowed to see me again; I would be too different, and much, much too dangerous. (4.280)
- As Edward and Bella drive to the airport to embark on their honeymoon, Bella hears the heartbreaking howl of a wolf growing fainter and fainter in the distance.
Yay, the wedding!! Discuss below: I don't think we need any questions for this one...
Chapter 5-6 up on Tuesday again!